We are seeking an experienced Commissioning Consultant to join our team.
As a team, we believe in developing strong relationships with our clients by delivering the highest quality of work. We also take pride in a career we love and have fun doing our job. As part of our efforts to foster a sustainable and supportive work environment, we offer:
• Competitive compensation.
• Extended health care benefits.
• Annual bonuses.
• Monthly health and wellness allowance.
• Mileage compensation for field work.
• Flexible work-week schedule.
• Telecommuting opportunities.
The successful candidate will work in the Commissioning service group and report directly to the Commissioning Project Manager. This position is expected to contain significant site work throughout Metro Vancouver, and we anticipate the candidate will work remotely for periods of time. We have a number of interesting and challenging projects that we anticipate the candidate to work on, which are in the following work areas:
New Construction Commissioning
• Develop commissioning documents including the Owner’s Project Requirements
(OPR), Commissioning Plan, Commissioning Report, and Systems Manual.
• Perform submittal reviews against OPR and Basis of Design, and conduct construction
document design reviews.
• Complete field reviews independently to verify installation and start-up checks.
• Draft functional performance test procedures and conduct on-site functional performance
testing of HVAC&R, domestic hot water, lighting & lighting controls, building
automation systems, and on-site renewable energy systems.
• Review building automation system trend logs to validate ongoing performance.
• Draft final commissioning reports and systems manual reports.
• Lead owners demonstrations.
Existing Building Commissioning
• Perform re/retro-commissioning investigations including site visits to obtain operating data
on equipment, conduct targeted functional performance testing, and review building automation
system trend-logs and programming to identify faults and energy saving opportunities.
• Implement ongoing commissioning plans, complete reviews of energy data, maintenance logs, and
building automation system trend-logs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
• Minimum 5 years direct experience performing commissioning work.
• University degree or technical diploma in engineering, engineering technology, or HVAC systems.
• Knowledge of ventilation, hydronic and plumbing systems.
• Hands-on technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues with building systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with contractors, consultants,
project managers, and owners.
• Familiar with commissioning processes as outlined by ASHRAE, LEED, BCxA, NEBB, and others.
• Familiar with LEED and other green building rating systems.
• Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
• Extremely Organized.
• Self-motivated – ability to work on your own with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail.
• Professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients.
• Comfortable working in mechanical rooms and using ladders.
• Sufficient resources, such as stable internet connection, to facilitate working from home when required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
We value diversity, inclusion, and equality. Our teams work collectively and respect everyone’s unique perspective and contribution.
We believe inclusion ignites creativity and empowering a culture of diverse people and ideas leads to innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to email@example.com, including “Commissioning Consultant Position” and your name in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest and we will only be contacting applicants that have been selected for an interview.