We’re hiring for two exciting roles – a Building Systems Commissioning Consultant and a HVAC System Air and Water TAB Consultant.
Meet our team at the BCIT Career Fair this Thursday, Jan 26, booth 33. They’ll be ready to connect, answer your questions, and share more about life at Kane Consulting.
We’re excited to be attending the BCIT Career Fair for Construction and Engineering in Burnaby on January 26th!
We’re hiring for a number of roles, including a Building Systems Commissioning Consultant and a HVAC System Air and Water TAB Consultant. Visit us at booth 33 to learn more.
We look forward to connecting!
We’re proud to announce that the UBC Arts Student Centre, one of our recent projects, has been awarded LEED Gold! LEED certified buildings are a critical part of addressing climate change and of our mission here at Kane.
Congratulations UBC and a huge thank you to our team!
Image credit: https://www.arts.ubc.ca
We are seeking an experienced Commissioning Consultant to join our team.
As a team, we believe in developing strong relationships with our clients by delivering the highest quality of work. We also take pride in a career we love and have fun doing our job. As part of our efforts to foster a sustainable and supportive work environment, we offer:
• Competitive compensation.
• Extended health care benefits.
• Annual bonuses.
• Monthly health and wellness allowance.
• Mileage compensation for field work.
• Flexible work-week schedule.
• Telecommuting opportunities.
The successful candidate will work in the Commissioning service group and report directly to the Commissioning Project Manager. This position is expected to contain significant site work throughout Metro Vancouver, and we anticipate the candidate will work remotely for periods of time. We have a number of interesting and challenging projects that we anticipate the candidate to work on, which are in the following work areas:
New Construction Commissioning
• Develop commissioning documents including the Owner’s Project Requirements
(OPR), Commissioning Plan, Commissioning Report, and Systems Manual.
• Perform submittal reviews against OPR and Basis of Design, and conduct construction
document design reviews.
• Complete field reviews independently to verify installation and start-up checks.
• Draft functional performance test procedures and conduct on-site functional performance
testing of HVAC&R, domestic hot water, lighting & lighting controls, building
automation systems, and on-site renewable energy systems.
• Review building automation system trend logs to validate ongoing performance.
• Draft final commissioning reports and systems manual reports.
• Lead owners demonstrations.
Existing Building Commissioning
• Perform re/retro-commissioning investigations including site visits to obtain operating data
on equipment, conduct targeted functional performance testing, and review building automation
system trend-logs and programming to identify faults and energy saving opportunities.
• Implement ongoing commissioning plans, complete reviews of energy data, maintenance logs, and
building automation system trend-logs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
• Minimum 5 years direct experience performing commissioning work.
• University degree or technical diploma in engineering, engineering technology, or HVAC systems.
• Knowledge of ventilation, hydronic and plumbing systems.
• Hands-on technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues with building systems.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with contractors, consultants,
project managers, and owners.
• Familiar with commissioning processes as outlined by ASHRAE, LEED, BCxA, NEBB, and others.
• Familiar with LEED and other green building rating systems.
• Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
• Extremely Organized.
• Self-motivated – ability to work on your own with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail.
• Professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients.
• Comfortable working in mechanical rooms and using ladders.
• Sufficient resources, such as stable internet connection, to facilitate working from home when required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
We value diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our teams work collectively and respect everyone’s unique perspective and contribution.
We believe inclusion ignites creativity and empowering a culture of diverse people and ideas leads to innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Commissioning Consultant Position” and your name in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest and we will only be contacting applicants that have been selected for an interview.
We’re proud to announce that an exciting project our team recently provided LEED Project Management and Commissioning Authority for has achieved LEED Gold Certification.
Congratulations Parq Resort, Vancouver! And a huge thank you to our team.
Read more about this project here.
Image courtesy of parqvancouver.com
8X by Brenhill Developments, in Vancouver, B.C. has been awarded LEED Gold Certification by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
Kane would like to congratulate Brenhill and the rest of the design and construction team on this accomplishment.
Located at 1111 Richards Street, 8X provides purpose-built 119 rental units, market condos, and daycare. The 35 storey development, designed by GBL Architects, offers spectacular views overlooking Emery Barns Park. Kane Consulting provided LEED Project Management, Commissioning Authority, Energy Modelling, and Suite Compartmentalization (ETS) Testing services.
Congratulations! Green on Queensbury has received LEED Platinum Certification. The Green is a multi-phased complex with 164 residential units encompassing an entire city block at the corner of East 3rd St and Moody Ave in North Vancouver. Originally targeting LEED Gold, the project completed in 2020, has now achieved LEED Platinum status.
The Bovill, by Orr Development Corporation has been awarded LEED Platinum by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Kane Consulting would like to congratulate Orr, and the rest of the design and construction teams on this accomplishment.
Located at Main and 49th, The Bovill provides 75 purpose built rental apartments with a mix of studio, 1br, 2br and 3br units. The building provides indoor and outdoor amenity spaces including a large patio and children’s play area.
Esther has been studying hard to gain not just one, but two accreditations! Kane congratulates her on becoming a Fitwel Ambassador and a WELL Accredited Professional.
Rob has also been studying hard and has earned his Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – Green Associate.
Very proud of you both!
The New Jubilee House by Brenhill Developments Ltd. (1099 Richards Street) in Vancouver, B.C. has been awarded LEED Gold Certification by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
We would like to congratulate Brenhill and the rest of the design and construction team on this accomplishment.
Located at 1099 Richards Street, the New Jubilee House will provide 162 units of affordable housing (compared to 87 units in its previous location), with larger amenity spaces and improved access for those with limited mobility. New Jubilee House has a wide range of amenities for residents, including a library, lounge, computer room, communal kitchen and rooftop garden. The building, which is situated opposite the original Jubilee House, has 116 studios and 46 one-bedroom homes.