We are seeking a highly motivated Sustainability Consultant to join our team.
As a Sustainability Consultant, you will work to ensure that all tasks associated with Green Building Projects are on track. This position will be responsible for providing sustainability assessment of a wide range of project opportunities that may relate to water, energy, and carbon analysis; material health research; and trends on occupant health and well-being.
Responsibilities will include:
• LEED and Sustainability project tracking, product investigations and validation of product compliance with sub-trades, vendors, consultants and clients.
• Liaising with project team.
• Coordination of tasks and deliverables such as Progress Reports, LEED scorecards, approval forms, etc.
• Green building research such as the investigation of technologies and building products.
• Working on coordination of Building Life Cycle Assessments with team members.
• Support project managers on a variety of projects including LEED and WELL.
• A minimum of three years direct experience working on LEED projects.
• WELL and Fitwel credential preferred.
• Familiarity with the US and Canadian LEED Green Building Rating Systems, WELL Building Standard, and other sustainable design rating systems.
• University degree or college diploma (e.g., engineering, architecture, building science, etc.) and LEED AP/Green Associate.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Familiarity with a range of software tools and programs such as LCA tools.
• Knowledgeable about Building Life Cycle Assessment and Athena Impact Estimator.
• Extremely organized, with exceptional time management skills, and ability to multi-task.
• Self motivated – ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills and a professional attitude in dealing with clients.
• Must currently be living in or around the Lower Mainland.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
We value diversity, inclusion, and equity. Our teams work collectively and respect everyone’s unique perspective and contribution.
We believe inclusion ignites creativity and empowering a culture of diverse people and ideas leads to innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of the communities and clients we serve.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to
email@example.com, including “Sustainability Consultant Position” and your name in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest and we will only be contacting applicants that have been selected for an interview.
Congratulations! Green on Queensbury has received LEED Platinum Certification. The Green is a multi-phased complex with 164 residential units encompassing an entire city block at the corner of East 3rd St and Moody Ave in North Vancouver. Originally targeting LEED Gold, the project completed in 2020, has now achieved LEED Platinum status.
The Bovill, by Orr Development Corporation has been awarded LEED Platinum by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). Kane Consulting would like to congratulate Orr, and the rest of the design and construction teams on this accomplishment.
Located at Main and 49th, The Bovill provides 75 purpose built rental apartments with a mix of studio, 1br, 2br and 3br units. The building provides indoor and outdoor amenity spaces including a large patio and children’s play area.
Esther has been studying hard to gain not just one, but two accreditations! Kane congratulates her on becoming a Fitwel Ambassador and a WELL Accredited Professional.
Rob has also been studying hard and has earned his Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – Green Associate.
Very proud of you both!
Our newest team member is Chinju Pius as a Sustainability Consultant. We are excited to have her!
The New Jubilee House by Brenhill Developments Ltd. (1099 Richards Street) in Vancouver, B.C. has been awarded LEED Gold Certification by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
We would like to congratulate Brenhill and the rest of the design and construction team on this accomplishment.
Located at 1099 Richards Street, the New Jubilee House will provide 162 units of affordable housing (compared to 87 units in its previous location), with larger amenity spaces and improved access for those with limited mobility. New Jubilee House has a wide range of amenities for residents, including a library, lounge, computer room, communal kitchen and rooftop garden. The building, which is situated opposite the original Jubilee House, has 116 studios and 46 one-bedroom homes.
We are pleased to announce that Joe Stano and Daniel Roberts are now Certified Passive House Consultants. Congratulations to you both on your achievement!
Kane Consulting Partnership is pleased to announce that Alvaro Reyes has joined Daniel Roberts and Joe Stano as a Partner. Alvaro has been responsible for delivering and successfully growing the Building Commissioning and Energy Management services group at Kane Consulting. He has and continues to bring a wealth of experience and knowledge in Commissioning, Retro-Commissioning, M&V, and Energy Audits to the Kane Consulting team.
The Greta and Robert H.N. HO Psychiatry & Education Centre, (The HOpe Centre) at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, B.C. has been awarded LEED Gold Certification by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). We would like to congratulate Vancouver Coastal Health and the rest of the design and construction team on this accomplishment.
The HOpe Centre is a bright and spacious 150,000 square foot, four-storey building, centrally located at the corner of East 13th Street and St. Andrews Avenue. The new Centre provides patients with seamless integrated inpatient and outpatient psychiatric care. The new Education Centre also helps train future physicians in all specialties, many of whom will choose to put down roots on the North Shore and further enhance health care in our community.
Kane Consulting provided LEED Project Management and Measurement & Verification services.
Academic Health Sciences E-Wing in Saskatoon, SK has been awarded LEED Gold Certification by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). We would like to congratulate the University of Saskatchewan and the rest of the design and construction team on this accomplishment. The 26,840m2 building is part of a group of facilities where the next generation of health service providers will be educated and trained.
The project earned LEED Gold Certification including 2 points for Construction Waste Management with over 87% of construction waste diverted from landfill and 3 points for Water Use Reduction with over 41% saving under the baseline. Kane Consulting provided LEED Project Management services for this project.