New Construction Commissioning
- Develop commissioning documents including the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR), Commissioning Plan, Commissioning Report, and Systems Manual.
- Perform submittal reviews against OPR and Basis of Design, and conduct construction document design reviews.
- Complete field reviews independently to verify installation and start-up checks.
- Draft functional performance test procedures, and conduct on-site functional performance testing of HVAC&R, domestic hot water, lighting & lighting controls, building automation systems, and on-site renewable energy systems.
- Review building automation system trend logs to validate ongoing performance.
- Draft final commissioning reports and systems manual reports.
Existing Building Commissioning
- Perform re/retro-commissioning investigations including site visits to obtain operating data on equipment, conduct targeted functional performance testing, and review building automation system trend-logs and programming to identify faults and energy saving opportunities.
- Implement ongoing commissioning plans, complete reviews of energy data, maintenance logs, and building automation system trend-logs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Minimum 5 years direct experience performing commissioning work.
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering, engineering technology, or HVAC systems.
- Knowledge of ventilation, hydronic systems and plumbing systems.
- Hands-on technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues with building systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with contractors, consultants, project managers, and owners.
- Familiar with commissioning processes as outlined by ASHRAE, LEED, BCxA, NEBB, and others.
- Familiar with LEED and other green building rating systems.
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
- Extremely Organized.
- Self-motivated – ability to work on your own with minimal supervision.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients.
- Comfortable working in mechanical rooms and using ladders.
- Sufficient resources, such as stable internet connection, to facilitate working from home when required.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to email@example.com, include “Commissioning Consultant Position” and your name in the subject line. We thank you for your interest and we will only be contacting applicants that have been selected for an interview.