The candidate will work in the Commissioning service group, and will report directly to the Commissioning Services Manager. We have a number of interesting and challenging projects that we anticipate the candidate to work on, which are in the following work areas:
New Construction Commissioning
- Development of commissioning documents including the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR), Commissioning Plan, Commissioning Report, and Systems Manual.
- Assisting with submittal reviews against OPR and Basis of Design, and assisting with construction documents design reviews.
- Completing field reviews independently to verify installation and start-up checks.
- Drafting functional performance test procedures, and assisting with on-site functional performance testing of HVAC&R, domestic hot water, lighting & lighting controls, building automation systems, and on-site renewable energy systems.
- Reviewing building automation system trend logs to validate ongoing performance.
- Drafting final commissioning reports and systems manual reports.
Existing Building Commissioning & Energy Audits
- Assisting with re/retro-commissioning investigations and energy audits including site visits to obtain operating data on equipment, conducting targeted functional performance testing, and reviewing building automation system trend-logs and programming to identify faults and energy saving opportunities.
- Identifying energy saving opportunities, and performing energy calculations and cost/benefit analyses of energy saving opportunities.
- Implementation of ongoing commissioning plans, completing reviews of energy data, maintenance logs, and building automation system trend-logs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering, engineering technology, or building science.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience as a consultant or contractor in the buildings sector
- Possessing hands-on technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues with building systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with contractors, consultants, project managers, and owners
- Familiar with commissioning processes as outlined by ASHRAE, LEED, BCxA, NEBB, and others
- Familiar with LEED and other green building rating systems
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Extremely Organized
- Self-motivated – ability to work on your own with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients
Interested applicants are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Commissioning Agent Position” and your name in the subject line. We thank you for your interest and we will only be contacting applicants that have been selected for an interview.