As a team, we believe in developing strong relationships with our clients by delivering the highest quality of work. We also take pride in a career we love and have fun doing our job.
We are hiring a Commissioning Project Manager to join our team.
The candidate will work in the Commissioning service group and report directly to the Commissioning Services Manager. The position is expected to contain significant site work throughout Metro Vancouver and we anticipate you to work remotely for periods of time. We have a number of interesting and challenging projects that we anticipate the candidate to work on, which are in the following work areas:
New Construction Commissioning
- Develop commissioning documents including the Owner’s Project Requirements (OPR), Commissioning Plan, Commissioning Report, and Systems Manual.
- Perform submittal reviews against OPR and Basis of Design, and conduct construction document design reviews.
- Complete field reviews independently to verify installation and start-up checks.
- Draft functional performance test procedures, and conduct on-site functional performance testing of HVAC&R, domestic hot water, lighting & lighting controls, building automation systems, and on-site renewable energy systems.
- Review building automation system trend logs to validate ongoing performance.
- Draft final commissioning reports and systems manual reports
Existing Building Commissioning & Energy Audits
- Perform re/retro-commissioning investigations and energy audits including site visits to obtain operating data on equipment, conduct targeted functional performance testing, and review building automation system trend-logs and programming to identify faults and energy saving opportunities.
- Identify energy saving opportunities, and perform energy calculations and cost/benefit analyses of energy saving opportunities.
- Implement ongoing commissioning plans, complete reviews of energy data, maintenance logs, and building automation system trend-log
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering, engineering technology, or building science.
- Minimum 5 years direct experience as a consultant or contractor in the buildings sector.
- Hands-on technical skills to identify and troubleshoot issues with buildings systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to liaise with contractors, consultants, project managers and owners.
- Familiar with commissioning processes as outlined by ASHRAE, LEED, BCxA, NEBB and others.
- Familiar with LEED and other green building rating systems.
- Proficient in MS Office and Excel.
- Extremely Organized with exceptional time management skills
- Self Motivated – ability to work on your own with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude in dealing with colleagues and clients.